About the Position
Neocis is a venture-backed start-up company developing the next generation of robotic surgery systems in Miami, Florida. The team is a group of world-class engineers with backgrounds from MIT, Stanford, UPenn and Caltech and a successful track record in robotic surgery. It is a ground-floor opportunity to get experience with a high-tech company that is poised to revolutionize surgery.
Neocis is looking for an electrical engineer to contribute significantly to the core design. Key responsibilities include design and development of electronics for robotics and tracking systems, verification and validation testing for safety and reliability, and support and contribution to intellectual property development. You will work with a cross-functional team including software and mechanical engineers as well as clinicians and marketing.
We seek a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong understanding of real-time robotics design and components, including motors and encoders, with an emphasis on reliability and safety
- Experience with communications protocols like CAN, BiSS, and SSI
- Experience with documenting and testing electro-mechanical systems
- Team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage uncertainty, push the limits, and think like an owner
Additional desirable skills and experience include:
- Experience writing device drivers and working with embedded systems
- PCB layout design
- Experience with medical devices, including testing for IEC 60601 and EMC
- Familiarity with FDA regulations
- Start-up experience